Memorial Health System
Human Resources Department
701 North First Street
Springfield, Illinois 62781
7C Medical Intensive Care
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Variable/Weekends as needed
The Nurse Manager operates within Memorial Medical Center?s corporate, hospital and Nursing Division mission, philosophy, goals and objectives. Utilizing the shared leadership philosophy, the Nurse Manager assumes 24-hour accountability for unit management and quality of patient care on a designated unit(s). The Nurse Manager creates and maintains a work environment conducive to effective communication, collaboration, team building and nursing professionalism. She/he ensures the enculturation of the Forces of Magnetism on the unit. She/he assures that care provided on the unit is appropriate to the age of the patients served and that staff competency requirements include age-specific components. Maintains positive physician, interdepartmental and intradepartmental relations as well as positive employee morale.
Knowledge, Training, and Work Experience:
1. RN registered in the state of Illinois.
2. At least three years experience in acute care nursing with demonstrated leadership/management skills.
3. BSN required or actively being pursued and obtained by 2013; Master?s degree preferred. (8/2009)
4. Holds national specialty certification in clinical area or nursing administration, or completes within 18 months of assuming role (11/08)
5. Working knowledge of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program model and standards.
Date posted: 06/16/2010