Memorial Health System
Human Resources Department
701 North First Street
Springfield, Illinois 62781
IS Project Management Office
Category: Information Systems /Finance
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Days with weekends as needed
Basic Function: Working with project sponsors, manage projects from initiation through closing. Responsible, along with project sponsors and resource managers, for delivering projects on time, within budget and with acceptable level of quality. Facilitate definition of project charter, scope, requirements, budget, and other standard project management deliverables. Coordinate the work of project teams, track progress, communicate status, and ensure quality. Projects may range from application upgrades to implementation of new applications and technologies used by the entire health system. Assist in creating and maintaining a work environment conducive to effective communication, collaboration, team building and professionalism.
Requirements for this position include:
1. Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Business or related discipline; minimum of five years structured Project Management experience may be considered in lieu of degreed educational requirements.
2. Requires two years experience with complex computer system projects in a project management role with knowledge of all aspects of a successful implementation.
3. Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
4. Five years experience in a sophisticated multiple vendor information systems environment with large scale automated system conversion projects is required. Experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
5. Knowledge of and experience with the PMI project management process groups and knowledge areas required.
6. Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills required.
7. Possesses a knowledge base of current technological trends and developments in the information systems industry, specifically in healthcare.(preferred)
8. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining good interpersonal relationships.
10. Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
11. Demonstrated skills in organizational dynamics and team building.
12. Experience with Microsoft Project and Project Server preferred.
Date posted: 06/11/2010