Memorial Health System
Human Resources Department
701 North First Street
Springfield, Illinois 62781
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Under the general direction of the Director, Finance and General Accounting, directs, supervises and coordinates the budgeting activities of Memorial Medical Center and Memorial Health System (Corporate). Responsible for coordinating budgetary and financial activities relating to the preparation and submission of the annual Operating and Capital budgets as well as monthly financial reporting to departments. Conduct instructional meetings with departments regarding the budget process/budget system. Coordinate on-going budget system training to new budget software users, as needed. Provide the ongoing support, oversight, and review required to ensure the accuracy of financial data throughout the Medical Center and related organizations, as required. Review and analyze account level variance and productivity reports. Must be able to relate technical expertise to the functions of all related systems and correlate financial analysis and budgeting techniques in preparation of the Capital, Operating, and Staffing budgets for the Medical Center. Under the general direction of the Director, Finance and General Accounting, directs, supervises and coordinates daily operations and on-going maintenance, including regularly scheduled updates, of the budget system. Will maintain ancillary tables, schedules, and sub-systems to effectively maintain the budget system. Coordinate and integrate enhancements to the budget system including affiliate budgeting and reporting and additional budget system software modules. Responsible for coordinating, testing, and implementing annual software upgrades to the budget system.
Requirements for this position include:
1) Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business required. MBA and/or CPA preferred but not required.
2) Minimum five years accounting experience required (BOA or budget system related and/or cost, preferred).
3) One year of supervisory experience preferred.
4) Requires three to five years working experience with automated General Ledgers and related systems.
5) Must be able to plan and direct all aspects of the decision support functions. Should possess leadership as well as technical and professional skills.
6) Must be an independent worker with ability to handle unstructured problems.
7) Ability to utilize spreadsheet software (EXCEL) effectively is required.
8) Ability to perceive the overall system and operational concepts and how they interrelate.
9) Good communication and people skills are required.
Date posted: 04/28/2010